Silicone Food Wrap
Haakaa Silicone Food Wrap
"Great alternative to plastic cling wrap! And it is reusable and no nastie chemicals leaching into our food."
Plastic leaches chemicals and toxins into our food, especially when heated.
Plastic wrap is made of polyvinyl chloride or PVC and contains a “plasticizer” called DEHA. DEHA migrates from plastic wrap into food—particularly high fat foods such as cheese and meat. Plastic wrap should NOT be microwaved and should NOT be placed over hot or warm food.
Approximately 32 million tons of plastic waste are generated annually and end up in our oceans, landfill and being picked up by our marine and wild life and are causing serious damage.
With these concerns at heart, Haakaa decided to create a 100% silicone food wrap.
1 x Small 20cm x 20cm Silicone Wrap (perfect to cover cereal bowl and cups)
1 x Large 30cm x 30cm Silicone Wrap (perfect to cover big salad bowls and plates)
Stretch your silicone wrap over any bowl or plate and store in the refrigerator or on the bench. The wrap forms an air tight seal which keeps your food staying fresher for longer and is not just limited for bowls or containers, but can be used to seal fruit, wrap crackers or over a half open packet and can be mouled into any shape.
- Food grade silicone.
- Dishwasher and freezer safe.
- Perfect For bowls, dishes, plates, cans, jars and mugs.
- Easy to use and store.
- Reusable (will not warp or crack)
Cleaning and Care:
- Recommended to hand wash in warm soapy water (although dishwasher safe) rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Clean after each use.
- To sterilise use one of the following methods: Steam sterilising (electric or microwave) or boiling in water for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep in dry, cool place and avoid direct sunlight.